Kusksu is a traditional Maltese soup made primarily from seasonal broad beans, small pasta beads, and fresh ġbejniet
ANOTHER Chopped Onion
2 Garlic Cloves minced
350g Broad Beans
1 litre chicken stock
5 to 6 ġbejniet
5 to 6 eggs
Juice of Half a Lemon
1 tablespoon Tomato Paste
Bunch of Mint
Salt and Pepper
Yield: 4 Servings
1. In another large pot fry your onions until transparent. Add the garlic, tomato paste and mint to the mixture and cook for around a minute.
2. Add the beans, peas and stock and simmer for around fifteen minutes.
3. Add the kusksu and cook for another fifteen minutes.
4. crack open the eggs into the kusksu, try to keep them separated from each other.
5. Add the ġbejniet and cook for another ten minutes, covered.
6. Sprinkle parmesan and some more mint on top to serve.